Congratulation on making the decision to visit our fantastic country! There are many places to see and so many things to do when you arrive so make sure you have good plan or that you familiarize yourself with some of the most unique things to do. Here is my list for you!
Top 5 things to do in Iceland:
- Bathe in the natural hot springs! There are a number of hot springs in Iceland that you can visit and bathe in. Some are completely natural but others have some facilities for you to change clothes. Then you have places like the Blue and Sky lagoon that are unique and nice to visit, however, they are touristic
- Search for the Northern Lights! If you happen to be in Iceland during the wintertime, you should make an effort to see the Northern Lights. They are amazing and are once in a lifetime experience. The best place to see them is in the countryside where there are no lights from the streets or houses
- Experience the midnight sun! By the end of June, we have the midnight sun in Iceland. Taking a late-night hike or going horseback riding in the midnight sun is definitely a once-in-a-lifetime experience and should be on your bucket list for your Iceland visit.
- Ride the Icelandic horse! The Icelandic horse is one of the oldest and purest horse breeds in the world. The horse symbolizes Icelandic nature through its strength, power, and resilience. They are easy to ride and anyone in reasonable good health can ride them.
- Listen to the silence! Iceland is the most spacious country per capita and you can find a lot of places where you can be in complete silence. Complete silence is something that in modern society we don’t often experience, so please take the moment and find your quiet place in Iceland.
Join us for horseback riding in Iceland! Click here to book.